Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: best OS for EWS

  1. #1
    Inactive Member rmkrueger's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 17th, 2000
    Posts
    7
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Question

    Hi,

    I just bought a used EWS64S and would like to get some advice, which OS is the best (i.e. the one that gives the least trouble) to use with the EWS64 and cubase VST. I read something about problems with Win98 SE, which would have been my favourite. Are those problems serious? Is Win95 more advisable? Is Win2k OK (heard it consumes CPU power like crazy)?

    Thanks for any advice,

    Robert

  2. #2
    Inactive Member hati's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 4th, 2000
    Posts
    31
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Talking

    Hi rmkrueger!
    Win98SE Athlon550 AsusK7m 128m EWS64 XL VST24. No problem:-)

  3. #3
    Inactive Member KKu's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 19th, 2000
    Posts
    112
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    I agree with hati:

    So far best OS I've used w. EWS has been Win98SE. Least problems and best support and (best of all) new processors (PII/PIII) seems to work better/faster with it.



    ------------------
    .KKu

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •